Pages

3/18/2010

A bit off topic

So, I know the majority of my posts relate to Technology, Business, Politics and my one of a kind views, but, an important day is coming up and I want to share some of the moments my family is sharing. My daughter is turning 2 and I can't believe how quick it has gone by. I remember not that long ago when she was 8lbs 7oz, bald and first stole my heart, took her first breath and at the exact same time took mine away from me. It has been an amazing 2 years, so much has changed, so many moments we have shared from the laughs, the crys, the smiles, the kisses, her first words, the first steps and now, her first pets. While she loves my dog Kodiak, I think an Alaskan Malamute may be a bit much for her. So we have decided fish may be a good start, especially since her first movie she really got into and still loves is Finding Nemo. That being said, of course we can't go with a typical Goldfish, we need to step it up a bit for her I mean it's her big 02 birthday. So, we successfully set up a 30 Gallon Saltwater Reef Tank. So far we have some Fiji Fire Coral, Purple Live Rock, Haitian Purple Bulb Anemonie, True Percula Clown Fish (Nemo), Valentini Puffer (Bloat), Blue Hippo Tang (Dori) and some various Starfish, Crabs and Shrimp, a sort of Finding Nemo/Spongebob Squarepants crew. I will update pictures as we progress along, the water is cycled, pH good, Nitrates excellent, Salinity and Specifc Gravity spot on and ready to start adding some fish and more coral. I am assuming after a year or so we will move to a bigger tank but this should get things started and some coral frags growing nicely. We are now in Day 4 and everything looks good so far, the fish will be here tomorrow, let's hope the FedEx ride isn't too much for them from California.

No comments: